11.05.2008

History! Victory!

After what seemed like a hundred thousand years, but only a few hours into actual Election Night, the television networks projected Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States and our first African-American president. History was made last night and I couldn't be more excited.

Maybe he won't be able to do everything he has promised, but change is already here--there is no way around that. I wasn't screaming in the streets or bawling my eyes out, but I may have gotten a little misty eyed listening to his speech and watching the new First Family onstage in Grant Park.

INSERT VIDEO OF SPEECH HERE

As much as I'd have liked to see a woman get it first, I am thrilled that history was made in the form of Barack Obama. Now only 90 more days and we'll see what he's gonna do with it.

No comments: