11.04.2008

The Immaculate Election

(A little Arrested Development throwback for you)

So here I sit, stomach in knots, yelling at the TV and cursing Kansas and its lousy conservatives.


I can only imagine McCain, sitting in one of his many (did his staff ever get back to us with how many?) homes in Arizona with Botox Barbie on one arm and Caribou Barbie on the other. Across the country, Joe Biden polishes his teeth and Obama marvels at the crazy college kids sprinting across Grant Park to get a spot as close to the stage as possible... even though nobody will speak there for many hours.

I count down the minutes between poll closings along with Wolf Blitzer and Anderson Cooper on CNN, David Gregory on MSNBC, Charles Gibson on ABC and Brian Williams on NBC. I am undoubtedly a major channel flipper. I am also a multi-tasker--posting here, watching the minute-by-minute electoral map updates on MSNBC.com and checking Bloglines for other updates. Oh and I'm also texting friends and playing Quadrum on my phone.

Obama's electoral count is rising, but will it be enough to put him over the 270 mark?

Honestly? I wish it would just go ahead and happen cause I'm already yawning. Uh oh.

No comments: