6.23.2008

Another Quickie Book Review

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
I literally read this book in one day. I couldn't get enough of it and ended up suffering through a pretty terrible sunburn thanks to sitting in the sun for about 5 hours and reading it. But guess what? It was worth it.

I loved this book. It's the story of a man who leaves veterinary school after a personal tragedy and hops on a train... a train that ends up being a circus train and a new, crazy, mysterious, dangerous, magical chapter in this man's life begins. Gruen did a TON of research about circus trains to get every detail as authentic as possible and it shows--I was not only entertained by the love story and thrilled by the murder plot but also learned a lot about the fascinating world of a depression-era train circus.

If you haven't read this book, go get it and read it now. You'll thank me later. Just make sure you have a whole day to read it cause if you're anything like me, you won't want to put it down. *****

No comments: