6.03.2008

Obama Takes the Nomination

Well, folks, it's all over. Obama has won the nomination.

And by it, I mean primary season. We've still got a crazy presidential campaign to go through before November 4th. I feel like this should be it--Hillary and Obama were the choices. I sort of forgot McCain was even a factor.

Maybe he isn't. Maybe it'll be all Obama from here on out. I'm okay with that. After all, originally I was all about Obama. Then I jumped on the Hillary train. Now that her train is, well, derailed (like the puns?) I guess I'll throw my support back to Obama. Above all, we need someone who will change how things are now. Barack Obama promises change; let's hope he can deliver.

In a strange move, Hillary has yet to concede Obama's victory. Honestly? I don't blame her. She has won more actual delegates (not counting superdelegates) and more of the popular vote. The CNN reporters (i.e. Obama Fanatics) are all over her lack of concession, questioning her loyalty to the party, etc. etc. Whatever. Let her bow out gracefully in her own way.

Now that we have a number 1, let's throw our thoughts to a potential number 2. I hear the dream ticket calling:

No comments: