6.22.2008

Young@Heart = :-)

I totally forgot to post about the movie we saw on Wednesday!

Having seen just about everything in theaters as of then, I turned to the trusty Glenwood Arts theater to check out the indie movies. Lucky for us, Young@Heart was still playing! I saw a trailer for it a while back, but had forgotten about it (thanks, I'm sure, to a lack of mainstream distribution). However, I had read a bunch of great reviews about it so we decided to forgo the sunshine and sit in the AC while we checked it out.

And boy am I glad that we did! This movie was so heartwarming. I loved seeing these senior citizens sing their hearts out--even those who couldn't actually sing a note and/or were totally tone deaf. The documentary was set up so that you fell in love with these people almost immediately and really grew attached to them and their songs. I totally teared up when not one but two chorus members died the week before the performance. And I couldn't help but smile when they belted out the correct words in their new songs! Definitely a feel-good show and one that everyone should see.

Check out the trailer below:

No comments: