6.24.2008

Monday Night on Showtime: Take Two

Last night I gave Weeds and Secret Diary of a Call Girl another chance. After all, I love Weeds and wasn't going to give up on it after one mediocre season premiere (in which seriously? nothing happened). Secret Diary wasn't bad last week but wasn't anything great, either.


This week, the shows somewhat redeemed themselves.

Weeds had some funny parts (hello! Celia's hair and makeup in prison? Priceless!) and some things actually happened. Apart from a few bad moments (why did Nancy have to pee in her latte cup?) it was a little more like the old Weeds, especially the little cliffhanger at the end of the episode. Let's hope the season is now moving in the right direction.

PLUS: Silas's haircut? H-o-t HOT!

And as for Secret Diary, I actually enjoyed this episode. It was far less about what it seems to be obviously about and more about a real girl and her job--plus there were more than couple of very clever one-liners. I can't help but be jealous when I watch this show though... man, I wish I had a British accent!

The final verdict: much improved from last week and yes, I will continue to tune into Showtime on Monday nights for some quality summer TV.

No comments: