6.14.2008

Top Chef: It's a Girl!

Well, last night after seeing Hairspray on Broadway, I finally got to catch a late-night repeat of the finale of Top Chef--my DVR has it ready at home but lucky for me I didn't have to wait until Sunday to find out who the winner is (I also purposely avoided my Bloglines reader for two days so it would be a surprise)...

And it's a girl!

Chicago's Stephanie won the title of Top Chef (plus all that other stuff Padma rattles off during the opening sequence)! After three male-dominated seasons, a woman finally takes home the big prize. Obviously the odds were in the ladies' favor--the final four was three girls and a guy--but I had a nagging feeling that Richard might manage to pull the upset against the odds.

Luckily (but not for him) he "choked" (his own words, but kinda true) and Stephanie prevailed, even despite a mediocre ricotta pound cake! BestWeekEver.com wasn't impressed overall, but I agreed with Salon.com's review. Congrats, Stephanie!!!

No comments: