7.17.2008

Back on the Runway

Project Runway Season 5 debuted on Bravo last night. I feel like the last season just ended, but all the same, I am excited for another season of crazy challenges, bizarre drama and making it work.

God I love Tim Gunn. He totally blew one of the guys a kiss when they got up to the rooftop! Adorable. And is it just me or is he getting a little more brutally honest? I love it.

The season premiere went back to basics--the very first Project Runway challenge: a grocery store--complete with the glamorous and hilarious Austin Scarlett himself. No, there wasn't an amazing corn husk dress, but Daniel did make a very cool blue plastic dress out of Solo cups and Kelly took vacuum cleaner bags to a whole new dimension. I also loved how Korto (I had to look up her name... oops) actually used produce--that collar made of kale and tomatoes was gorgeous. I honestly thought that the girl with the trash bag dress was way worse than the guy with the raincoat deal. At least he made a whole raincoat--she gave up before the day was halfway over and just threw that stupid drapey stuff together at the last minute. Lame.

My favorite look (second place--he was robbed)

Anyway overall it was a fun premiere with a major lack of drama. I'm sure it will surface very quickly--there seems to be a lot of personality in the workroom just waiting to come out.

Plus who can argue with actual quality summer TV?

No comments: