3.02.2008

Flashback via TBS

Two times today I randomly turned on TBS and gasped with delight.

The first time, it was Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. I used to watch this movie once a week. Watching it now, I'm not quite sure why, but I loved it. I had the entire thing memorized. Turns out--I still do.

Thinking nothing could top that, I surfed channels later in the day and landed on TBS yet again. I could barely contain myself--it was Dumb and Dumber. Apparently they were having a Jim-Carrey's-early-career-goofy-movies-I-was-once-obsessed-with marathon. I might have loved Ace Ventura, but I LOOOOOVED Dumb and Dumber. I could recite the entire movie right here, right now if you wanted me to. But I'm sure you don't, so I won't. Believe me, though, I totally could. And sing all the music in the background. And let you know that the soundtrack to this movie was one of the first CDs I ever bought. But I won't gush any more.

Let's just say even though I only watched about 30 minutes of TV today, it totally made my day. Thank you, TBS, for that flashback to my elementary/middle school days of Ace Ventura, Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunn. Good Lord my life is pretty sad when crappy movies on TV make my day!

2 comments:

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

TBS totally takes me back to my teens and all their great tv shows and movies they air. i love it!

Anonymous said...

I love the Ace Ventura movies. I'll never completely understand why :) I'm okay with that.