3.15.2008

No Day But Today!

I FINALLY SAW RENT TONIGHT.


I have watched the movie ten times at least, listened to the soundtrack a hundred times and know every word by heart, and watched dozens of clips on YouTube, but I had sadly never seen Rent on stage in person. Until tonight.

Tony bailed on me so I ended up going with my dad, who may have ruined it a bit with his "Who is that?" and "What did she say?" but it was still pretty darn amazing. The cast of the National Tour was very impressive--Roger was the guy who won some Australian/New Zealand Idol and he was great. Maureen was AWESOME. The seats were fantastic.

Unfortunately, the crowd was definitely lacking and the worst thing? They didn't give out Playbills! I have never been to a show without a Playbill--I keep them for every show I've ever seen. That was crap.

Despite all that, I loved every minute of it, and (as usual) wanted to see it again as soon as the final curtain went down. I can't believe it's leaving Broadway! Thank goodness for National Tours.

No comments: