3.29.2008

Things Keeping Me Sane While Sick

I'm still sick but getting better I suppose. Yesterday and today I did a lot of sitting in order to speed up that whole getting better process. I really don't like being sick. I don't like giving into sickness. But sometimes it's inevitable.

Here are a few amazing things that kept me sane during my sick time:

Love in the Time of Cholera
I finally watched the entire thing yesterday (I started it three times the day before but kept falling asleep--not because it was boring but because I was THAT SICK). I enjoyed this movie a lot! I wasn't sure if I'd like it because I read the book first, but it was a pretty good adaptation overall. I did NOT enjoy that its Netflix envelope said it was 1 hour 40 minutes long when it was actually 2 hours 10 minutes long. Not cool Netflix. The end got a bit long but overall this was a beautiful love story. Javier Bardem and Benjamin Bratt in a love triangle? Count me in!

Samantha Who?
I didn't start watching this show when it began last fall so didn't feel like I could ever jump in, even though I heard such great reviews. Fortunately, sick = tons of time to sit and watch shows on ABC.com so I caught up on all 9 episodes of the season so far. It's especially easy when they are only 20 minutes without commercials! The verdict: super cute show. I love Barry Watson as Todd and Jean Smart as Samantha's mom Regina. Samantha's friend Dena makes me feel awkward though... maybe strikes a chord a little close to home? Anyway this is a funny, unique and very cute show and I am excited for it to return a week from Monday for new episodes.

NCAA Basketball
An awesome upset (Davidson over Wisconsin) + a KU win (over Villanova) = perfect night of basketball last night. I really think KU could win the whole thing if they keep playing so well. I have also been watching tonight, and right now Louisville and North Carolina (grrr Roy Williams) are in a super close match. Gotta love March Madness! KU vs. Davidson tomorrow to see who goes to the Final Four! Rock Chalk!

Newsweek/Time
I caught up on all the issues I was behind on. I even took them all home for Spring Break and didn't get around to reading them. That changed yesterday--I read some great articles, including "How to Make Better Teachers" and tons and tons of stuff about Barack and Hillary. I also marked a bunch of stuff to possibly use next year for my journalism class.

Bloglines
It doesn't take much effort to click through my Bloglines reader, so I was able to stay up-to-date on news and entertainment stuff. Keeps me in the loop and endlessly entertained.

Arrested Development
Rewatching Season 2? A-may-zing! Love every episode and it's keeping my spirits up when I feel so terrible. Thank you Bluth family!

No comments: