3.10.2008

Quickie Review: Superstud

After the decade it took me to read The Other Boleyn Girl, I needed a lighter book for my next read. Superstud by Paul Feig (Freaks and Geeks writer/creator) was the perfect choice.

I love memoirs, especially humorous ones like this book. It's basically a collection of short stories that all kind of tie together. So maybe it's not short stories as much as chapters that each have a distinct story but all connect chronologically. Whatever. Anyway it chronicles the failed attempts by Feig throughout his life to find romance in the, uh, physical sense. It made me laugh, it made me feel sad for him, it made me uncomfortable. It also made me feel a little better about my own social awkwardness--ha! Above all, it made me happy that I could enjoy it but also breeze through it in just a few hours of reading. I ordered another book from Amazon.com by Feig (Kick Me) and might read that one over Spring Break for some more fun.

Next up: A Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult!

No comments: