5.20.2008

Disheartening News

In my continuation of trying to catch up on the 1000+ blogs I had sitting in my reader from day of neglect, I came across these two articles:

Reluctantly, a Daily Stops Its Presses, Living Online

and

Yearbooks Vanish from Houston Schools in Facebook Era

Both are pretty disheartening when I am about to embark upon a career teaching students about journalism and encouraging them to pursue it as a career. According to these articles, not only are student publications becoming obsolete, but also regular newspapers. These topics hasve been big in discussion lately and I try to remain positive amidst so much negativity!

I guess I just need to come up with ways to appeal to the Facebook generation and combine the two mediums together. I can't wait to start working with my students and talking to other teachers about ideas!

No comments: