5.25.2008

No One Mourns the WICKED!

Except me, that is. I am already in mourning because it's over!

Today was WICKED at the Music Hall and it was even better than I remembered. I was afraid the old building would provide for nasty acoustics and/or sound system but thankfully it was a-MAY-zing! Glinda was actually pretty hilarious (although strangely Mary-Katherine-Gallagher-inspired) and Elphaba was outstanding.

I also found out in my exploration of the program that the guy who played Fiyero is married to the girl who played Nessa Rose and they met when playing Chris and Kim in Miss Saigon--and I totally saw them in that! Plus she is DeeDee from the New Mickey Mouse Club so even cooler.

Overall it was wonderful except I cried during "For Good" thinking of my friends... of course. Now I am just depressed it is over! I hate when something you look forward to for a really long time comes and is then over. I bought those tickets at the beginning of February! Oh well at least it was a great afternoon of amazing entertainment. I can't wait to see it again!

Here's a clip from the cast that I saw:

1 comment:

Anthony J said...

Hmm...So if you care to find me, look to the western sky. How fitting.