5.03.2008

I AM IRON MAN

Against my will, I went with Chad, David and Tony to the 10:40pm showing of Iron Man last night. The 10:40pm part was against my will, not the movie.

You see, try as I might, I couldn't stay awake in this movie. Again, that had nothing to do with the movie itself. I was just so darn tired from waking up at 6am every day last week and staying up too late almost every night that I found myself doing the embarassing head jerk too many times as I nodded off.

I felt terrible because guess what? This movie is actually REALLY good. Even missing out on a minute here or there, I kept up with the exciting plot and enjoyed all the special effects. Robert Downey, Jr. was awesome as Iron Man--is it weird, though, that every time I see him I think of Heart & Souls?--but I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was too skinny and kinda weird as redhead Pepper. The opening sequence was awesome and the end very conveniently (but not annoyingly) set up a sequel with four little words at a press conference: "I am Iron Man!"

TOO AWESOME.

I can't wait to watch this movie again when I am totally awake!

Update: This movie freaking made more than $100 million in its opening weekend. WOW! It was good but that is one of the top 10 openings EVER. It never ceases to amaze me how crazy people go for comic book movies. Oh and that sequel? Already has a release date, somehow.

Here's EOnline's report of the weekend box office breakdown.

No comments: