5.30.2008

Sex and the City the Movie

I have waited in anticipation for months--no, years--to see Sex and the City: The Movie.


The Verdict?
As Carrie says about Berger's book: "I love love love love loved it. I looooooved it!"

Honestly? It was two and a half hours of pure movie/TV bliss.

It wasn't perfect--there were definitely moments I wasn't such a fan of (hello Mexico trip! Why?), characters I wanted to see more of (I missed Harry and Anthony and Steve--they all made appearances but had very minimal presence) and maybe too much of Carrie and Samantha (Charlotte's role was underdeveloped and Miranda was such a jerk for the first half!).

BUT

I still love love love loved it! I looooooved it!

Even though it seemed pretty dark about halfway through, it ended up happy in the end--thank God. I found myself tearing up, smiling broadly, laughing, thinking, and especially cracking up at the woman a few rows in front of us who was very loudly enjoying the show. It was fantastic.

Read Slate's Review

Will I see it again? Abso-fuckin-lutely.

No comments: