5.29.2008

Top Chef: He Butchered It!

Like the reviewer on Televisionary.com, when watching last night's episode of Top Chef I was totally scared one of my favorites (Stephanie, Antonia & Richard) wouldn't make it to the final. Especially when Spike flew through that butchering Quick Fire Challenge. However, after the segment of the show where they show the, you know, actual food, I felt pretty safe.


How could Spike have actually chosen those frozen scallops? I feel like frozen anything is a no-no on this show. When he was paper-toweling them off for the umpteenth time, I had a feeling it might be him going home.

And Lisa didn't sail through this episode either--I think her crazy peanut butter mashed potatoes might have saved her. They love innovation on this show and hey, I love to watch it.

But when did Lisa become a sort of villain? Yeah she never really got along well with anyone, but she seems to have become much more disagreeable and much more outspoken against the other contestants lately. Weird.

Anyway, when Padma told Spike to pack his knives and go, I let out a little sigh of relief and got pretty excited--this means three out of the final four are female! There is a super good chance that this season's Top Chef could be a woman. It's about time!


UPDATE: TVSquad.com reports on Scallop-gate 2008. They were planted by Top Chef!

No comments: