5.28.2008

Last Issue of The Paper?

I finally watched the last two episodes of MTV's The Paper today. I can't believe the season is already over, and neither can Entertainment Weekly. I feel like it just began and Homecoming just happened! Seriously!



I'm still trying to decide if I should have my students watch it next year or just leave it for a special occasion, but I'm thinking more the latter since most of it seems to be more about drama than actual newspaper production. However, the last two episodes were very deadline- and issue-centered which was nice to see. I also loved how the teambuilding outing brought the staff together (even though it was minus one editor-in-chief) and how the staff fought the attempted assistant principal censorship!

Overall I enjoyed Season 1 of The Paper and am hoping there will be another season... maybe this time it will star girl Alix? Or maybe they'll ditch newspaper and get a crazy group of yearbookies together for some more quality reality TV! You can bet I'll be watching.

No comments: