1.24.2008

7 Random Things

Soooo Lil Mouse tagged me over on her blog for a 7 Random Things meme. I'm always up for exposing random stuff about myself, plus hello! Getting tagged on someone else's blog is WAY. FUN.

With that in mind, here goes:

1. I am indeed a housing geek. At least for the time being. I was an RA for 2 years, an undergrad assistant hall coordinator for a year and now a full-time hall coordinator about to wrap up my two-year stint. I love residence life but after 6 years, I am ready to live outside of a residence hall and grow up and be a real person. I'll miss the students, though.

2. Luckily I won't have to miss students too much cause I am gonna be a teacher. I am currently student teaching at a high school. I have a challenge with one of my students tomorrow to know the name of every person in the class. I will totally win that one.

3. That's cause I am ridiculously good with names. I meet you once, hear your name and know it for a really long time. This results in awkward interactions where I know someone and even know that person's name and they don't remember me at all. Then I look like a creeper. It's great.

4. I also feel like a creeper when people catch me talking to my computer. Or my TV. Or my car. Or other cars on the road. Or pretty much anything in my apartment. I tend to do this fairly often, mostly without even realizing it.

5. I did realize today that I am embarrassed or even offended by how much crap Meg gets on Family Guy. It's like because she has half of my name, I need to stick up for her for some reason.

6. I am also very offended by people who use the words "gay" and "retarded" in the place of "stupid." It makes me want to banish those people to a far away planet for idiots and bigots.

7. Finally, speaking of idiots, sometimes (like today) I hate watching Jeopardy because it makes me feel dumb. I consider myself a smart person and I am very well-educated, but those questions are insane! How did Amanda know all about woodworking AND opuses (is that even a word anyway?!) Seriously!?

And I think I am supposed to tag 7 other blogs of people I want to know more about but I don't really know anybody in other blogs to tag them. If you would like to be tagged, let me know! Otherwise, there are my random facts for the day. I talked about Jeopardy and Family Guy, so hey, it was even media-related! Score!*

*Did I just say SCORE? Really? Maybe I am actually offended by Meg being made fun of because I, like her, am a huge dork.

1 comment:

Jill said...

ahh someone else that talks to inanimate objects.. whew... thought i was alone there. i'm glad you had fun with that.feel free to take a peek at anyone on my blog lists and see if there's anything there that you like. check out the other people i tagged, for instance.. that might give you some new contacts.. have fun!