1.02.2008

And 3 More Makes 7...

Three more quick reviews from this movie-heavy holiday break of mine:


Sunday: Charlie Wilson's War

Man this movie made me miss West Wing. Typical Aaron Sorkin--smart, funny and entertaining... but also very educational. Great acting by Tom Hanks and especially by Philip Seymour Hoffman. I swear Julia Roberts was only in it for like 20 minutes, though--fine with me! ****


Monday: The Great Debaters
Apparently some critics have said this movie was "just like Glory Road"--that makes me laugh because there was definitely not a single sport in this movie. I loved it though, despite its somewhat cliche underdog-come-from-behind premise. There was a lot more to this movie than most "sports" movies (again I laugh at that classification) and Denzel Washington was great, as always. *****



Wednesday: No Country for Old Men
Oh. My. God. So. Many. People. Died. Javier Bardem was the ultimate psychopathic killer in this movie, shooting down basically anyone (and everyone) who comes in his path. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what the point of the movie was, but it was definitely... gripping. ***

No comments: