1.18.2008

AAAHH! REAL MONSTERS!

Much MUCH to my surprise, I actually liked Cloverfield.

I basically had to be dragged to the theater against my will for this one (which rarely happens), but I actually liked it. Go figure!

This review on BuzzSugar really sums it up a lot better than I could hope to at this point, and I definitely agree with most of what she says about the movie. Apart from more than a few vomit-inducing running scenes and only one ridiculously completely unrealistic component* (Beth has a pipe through her chest and then runs down 5o-some flights of stairs), it was very entertaining and I loved the way it was shot and edited in the home-movie kinda way.

*Well other than the giant alien monster destroying Manhattan, that is...

1 comment:

Jamie Lovely said...

I went to go see this last night. I really didn't like it! The camera made me crazy!