1.08.2008

And That's All I Have to Say About That.

Gloria Steinem wrote this Op-Ed piece in the NYTimes today:

Women are Never Front-Runners

I don't want to incite a bunch of backlash (From whom? Not sure--I guess my like 4 readers) so I'm not going to say much about this piece except that I agree with everything she says and I'm glad she was able to put down in words what has been going through my head lately.

Maybe it's feminist and I'm sure my friend Valerie would be quick to denounce it as such, but I guess that makes me, as Steinem so smartly states, a you-know-what.

1 comment:

Jill said...

very interesting. how do you find this stuff? awesome. i have to agree with her. and there's nothing wrong with being a feminist.. the very definition of a feminist is that you want 'fairness' for men and women. nothing can be truly equal, race, sex, creed, color, religion, sexual orientation, nothing, but fairness, that can be achieved!