1.19.2008

Waitflixing

I saw this on BuzzSugar and got to thinking about my own Waitflixing ("what happens when you add a movie to your queue but keep moving other films ahead of it so you never actually watch it").

I am most definitely a Waitflixer, and a multiple-offender at that.

See, as of lately my queue is set up in a very specific way: the bottom 1/4 of the list is "Coming Soon" stuff to remind me what needs to be moved to the top of my queue each week, the next 1/4 is "Movies I want to watch but won't until I either watch all the TV shows or get sick of them" (i.e. the Waitflix section), the next 1/4 - 1/2 of the list is a "TV Shows to watch" section (i.e. what really gets watched) and the top are new releases that get moved up from the bottom right before the release date. Sometimes nothing is in the top 1/4 and that's when the second 1/4 gets whittled down.

That sounds way too complicated when written out, but it totally makes sense in my head.

What doesn't make sense is that I add to the movie 1/4 of the list occasionally (especially if I miss a release date for a new release and it turns into a "long wait") but really don't watch anything on it. That's where my Waitflixing talents come into play--currently included are The Lives of Others, Rescue Dawn, Miss Potter, Gracie, The TV Set, and Pirates of the Caribbean 3, among others. I have been Waitflixing most of those for at least a month, if not several. I also tend to Waitflix movies I saw in the theater but want to eventually see again.

I get frustrated by this "movies" section because I really do try to keep my queue below 30 if at all possible (right now it's 36--oops!), and often go through and cut movies out.

At least that's one good thing about the writer's strike--I've definitely been keeping up with my queue! What do you Waitflix?

No comments: