1.05.2008

Quite the Debate

The New Hampshire Debates were tonight and since I'm pretty lame, I spent my Saturday night watching them with my mom.

Today the bloggers went crazy with commentary, discussing the Republican side of things (i.e. the group bashing of Mitt Romney)...
Salon: Mitt Romney in the Crosshairs
Slate: The Mitt Maul
and the Democratic portion of the program...
Slate: Comeback Swing

Now I'm no expert, but I did watch the things and here's my take on the performance of each candidate in the debates (in as few words as possible):

Repubs/Band of Old White Guys
McCain-- He looks ollllllllld. And needs his teeth fixed. But pretty darn smart.
Thompson--Learned a lot more about him. Major bags under his eyes--yikes.
Ron Paul-- Honestly? I took my bathroom breaks when he started to talk.
Romney-- I disagree with almost everything he says but oh, he is so good looking! He should be president in the movies!
Huckabee-- Aw shucks what a nice guy. He delivers his jabs at the competition with such a nice smile.
Giuliani--Oh. My. God. We get it. 9/11. Great. Kick it into gear dude!

Dems/"Change" Group
Edwards-- The only middle-aged white guy in the bunch. And he's all for change. Right. But I'll agree with Stephanoupolous... he was pretty vibrant.
Obama-- Kept his cool and made good points but looked really tired and overall pretty bored.
Richardson-- THE ONLY PERSON IN EITHER DEBATE TO MENTION EDUCATION!!!
Clinton-- Responded well to criticism, showed some humility and humanity.

Feel free to jeer, throw rotten fruit or even concur with my take, but there it is.

1 comment:

Jill said...

considering some of the other commentary i've seen on the rss feeds. you're nice about it. i hate it that people bash candidates on their blogs. considering we're from iowa, it's smart of us to vote and let our votes speak, and let that be that, instead of bashing or calling the candidates stupid? some people are so stupid themselves. thanks for watching!