1.07.2008

For God's Sake...

...Hillary did NOT cry!

The media is pissing me off today.

I have watched the footage of the alleged blubbering many times and SERIOUSLY there was not a single tear shed. Perhaps she got a bit choked up but come on people! First you say she's too tough and you don't like her. Now she's too emotional and people are playing the gender card.

Honestly? What do you want her to be?!

If I see the playback of the speech one more time on CNN or NBC or Fox News or wherever, I might cry myself. And not out of passion for my country.

This post on Slate discusses the evolution of "crying" in politics. Interesting, especially because it's always been seen as a good strategy and oh-so-nice when a male candidate cried.

And here's the Newsweek story about "Hillary's emotions"--why is the media so obsessed with this today? As I type this entry, there's Anderson Cooper (that silver fox) analyzing it for the gazillionth time again.

Plain and simple: I liked her speech and what she said. End of story.

1 comment:

Jill said...

i have to agree with you. i'm going to link to you when i make my comment. i was yelling at the TV going, 'gee at least SOMEONE cares about our kids getting an education'.. argh!