1.16.2008

America is Cringing...

Against my better judgment, I watched the premiere of American Idol last night. I have never been huge on these first shows where mostly I just end up feeling horrible for people totally humiliating themselves--I'm more about the actual contest when we get the top 12.

Unfortunately, that's not for like 2 months. All we've got right now are crazy people and so, since nothing else is on due to the Writer's strike, we watched them.

There were plenty of noteworthy delusional auditioners, but this poor guy is the one I can't get out of my head. There's low singing and then there is LOW singing. I had to do a full American Idol post because I found this video of the guy:



I didn't really see any top-12-worthy auditions, but odds are somehow I will end up watching the next two hours of this circus tonight--hopefully better talent awaits!

No comments: