1.20.2008

Nerd Game...

...and no, it's not Dungeons and Dragons. It's Settlers of Catan! [read with an Irish or Scottish accent for the ultimate affect]



During RA training, Tony and Matt convinced/taught David and me to play this game called Settlers of Catan. I am always up for just about any game anyone wants to play (apart from Monopoly which bores me to tears--even the new electronic version) so after listening to the giant "almanac" of rules, the battle was on.

Night one ended with a victory for me (I was just as surprised as Matt and Tony were) which was, nevertheless, attributed to beginner's luck. Whatever. It probably had more to do with the fact that David and I were allies and he gave me whatever resources I wanted. And, of course, amazing skill and strategy on my part. Right.

Night two... well, maybe it was beginner's luck before, cause I'm pretty sure I came in dead last the second time around. David also was way more competitive so that did not help. In my defense, the sun was in my eyes.

UPDATE ONE:
Night three was too much like night two for my liking. I think I tied for dead last this time though. What happened to all that skill?

UPDATE TWO:
Night four = me losing... twice. Night five may or may not have resembled night five. Okay it did.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

oh my god i am soooo in love with that game. so in love. so. in love.