4.08.2008

Quickie Review: Everybody Into The Pool

For some reason, it took me like two days to get through the first "true tale" in Beth Lisick's Everybody Into the Pool. I don't know how that happened, since it took me only about 4 hours to finish the entire rest of the book!

Lisick's memoir made me laugh, made me feel uncomfortable for her awkwardness, and made me think--all great things when reading a book, at least in my opinion. In her humorous way, she tackles real subjects and real life events that anybody can relate to, no matter if you lived in San Francisco and traveled around with a lesbian motorcycle group or not (Me? Not so much). A super quick read (apparently once you get past the first ten pages) and lots of fun. *****

Next up: The Know-It All by AJ Jacobs--an Esquire editor reveals his journey through the entire encyclopedia. I already started it and I freaking love it.

No comments: