4.16.2008

Television and Movies <3 Books!

How much do I love the TV/movie industry right now? They keep pumping out awesome adaptations of some of my favorite books.

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is heading to the big screen soon. The Memory Keeper's Daughter premiered on Lifetime last weekend. Gossip Girl is a breakout show on the CW (not necessarily my favorite books, but entertaining nonetheless). Even Lipstick Jungle was pretty fun overall as a series on NBC (I still say it would have been better without Brooke Shields).

Now another great author is getting her movie and TV dues. Jennifer Weiner, who already had one book adapted into a movie (In Her Shoes--love it!) has Little Earthquakes and The Guy Not Taken in movie development. She also reportedly has now inked a deal with ABC to develop a gal-friendly series.


I can't wait to watch that show and I don't even know what it's about yet!

No comments: