4.19.2008

Super Nintendo Back From the Dead

Val is here this weekend for a short visit (yay!) and we're stuck in my apartment for Street Painting (despite it being canceled), so what do we do? Bust out the old Super Nintendo.

I definitely only play when she is here, but it's fun to have someone who equally enjoys the poor graphics, basic game controllers and lack of special features. We're still trying to beat Super Mario World... it's taken us years, but I supposed that has more to do with the fact that we only play every few months than our actual skill level. At least I'd like to think that.

Today we ran into a hold up on Chocolate Island when we beat a level and it sent us on a path right back to the same level. I hate these damn secrets. We tried to figure it out ourselves, but no such luck.


So, what do we do? Being Super Nintendo nerds, we get online and look up secrets. Fortunately, there are millions of other Super Nintendo nerds in the world, so all the secrets are on random message boards and gamer websites.

Hysterical. I never thought I'd Google "Chocolate Island secrets" or "Super Nintendo Chocolate Island," but hey, we do what it takes to beat the game... in four years or less.

No comments: