11.18.2007

BSC Forever!

Okay, so in my random blog reading I came across this one:

BSC Headquarters


It is awesome! This girl is blogging her way through the entire Babysitters' Club book series. Let's just say it's not as cool the second time around (at least when the second time around involves a 20-something reading about teenagers). She has a ton of snarky comments about each book, too, which definitely expose the ridiculousness that was the entire series.


BUT it does bring me back to my days of Babysitters' Club glory. I tore through those books, and then when I was done with one I'd bring it up to Last Chapter bookstore and exchange it for a new one! Like Barnes and Noble would ever let a thirteen-year-old bring in Jessi's Gold Medal and leave with Kristy and the Vampires.

The site also made me think about The Babysitters' Club Movie, one of the worst pieces of cinematic cliche ever created. Terribly cast, super cheesy, and a terrible use of the amazing actress Ellyn Burstyn.

However, it did make me want to run my own summer camp and, thanks to that movie, I will never forget how the nervous system works.

"The brain, the brain, the center of the chain..."

No comments: