11.23.2007

Take a Look, It's in a Book

The New York Times released this list recently:
100 Notable Books of the Year

I was checking it out and several of the books on the list are on my "to read" list, namely The Abstinence Teacher, In The Country Of Men, Like You'd Understand Anyway, The Nine, Long Way Gone, and How to Talk About Books You've Never Read.

I'd be interested to see what their criteria or deciding point are for these choices, as I think that several fantastic books are missing--especially A Thousand Splendid Suns, possibly one of the best books I've ever read, let alone in the past year. If you haven't read it yet, run to Borders, buy it (30% off this weekend), sit down and don't stand up until you've finished it. It won't be hard.

Other great books of the year:
Impulse by Ellen Hopkins
Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster
Forever Lily by Beth Nonte Russell
How to Be Cool by Joanna Edwards
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

No comments: