11.14.2007

Musical Interlude

As I drove up to Rochester last night for my conference, I was listening to NPR. I have started to listen to it more often and though I really appreciate all the great information and excellent coverage of a variety of issues, one thing about it drives me crazy:

The Musical Interludes.

You cannot expect me to believe that while a crab boat captain in San Francisco bay answer questions about the economical effects of the oil spill, people are actually sitting there wishing for just a dash of polka music.

Not too much, only a few seconds of jazzy, grainy tunes.

Unfortunately, it's enough to make me want to drive my CR-V into the ditch just to make it stop.

"Reporting from Baghdad, this is Iowa Public Radio."
"Doo-doo la la la laaaaaaa doo doo doo."

Totally unnecessary.

No comments: