11.09.2007

Thursday Night TV... a little late

I was doing homework at Mars last night so couldn't watch most of last night's shows until today, making me wish I was at home with my Time Warner cable built-in DVR; at least I still have my old clunker VCR. I'm not usually thankful for out-of-date technology, but whatever works... I guess. Here's my rundown:

Ugly Betty
At least in this episode Betty and Henry didn't "accidentally" end up on stage of one of my favorite Broadway musicals, interfering with the defying of gravity. 10 points by default for that. However, I take them all back and then some for the lame Posh cameo. Thank GOD for the resurrection of the Marc-Cliff romance! I. Love. Them. As for the rest of the episode, all I can say is poor guy-who-plays-Bradford-Meade-and-also-played-Caleb-on-the-OC... the guy is always having heart attacks and dying! Last but not least: he may be super cute but I'm counting down the days til Henry leaves for Phoenix.

Grey's Anatomy
Not even worth a nice paragraph, just some basic grades:
Izzy and George sex-capades D- (yawn)
Christina and Dr. Hahn's feud F (double yawn)
Meredith and Lexi's... nonsense F- (boo hiss)
McDreamy and the Chief's "dates" C (I chuckled once)
Dr. Bailey finally getting Chief Resident A (hallelujah)
This show better hope its writers brainstorm some flippin fanTASTIC ideas while they're on strike cause they have some major work to do. Yikes.

The Office
I could hardly concentrate when watching last night's episode knowing that next week is the last new episode... potentially for a long while. It didn't make me laugh out loud like last week's "Finer Things Club" story line did, but you gotta appreciate Michael's battle with the rabid Pennsylvania wilderness. Call Discovery Channel, we've found their new Man vs. Wild star!

Big Shots
Not really fair to review this one since I watched it while I was cleaning my apartment, but I'm kinda thinking the show had something to do with it. I love all the men on this show, but it's hard to like 'em so much when I keep getting distracted by how entirely ridiculous every woman on this show is. Will-from-West-Wing's wife is just demeaning to women in general. At least that whole "will the tranny's black book really ever surface?" storyline is over with.

Damn CMAs airing instead of Wednesday night shows--maybe Kellie Pickler's tears were actually her mourning the loss of any quality TV this week!

No comments: