2.14.2008

Exciting Movie News

New Line Cinema is making one of my favorite books into a movie!

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult (one of my favorite authors--I am so glad other people appreciate her amazing books!) is coming to the silver screen sometime later this year. Here's the report on EW.com--they're saying cute little Abigail Breslin will be starring alongside Cameron Diaz and Alec Baldwin. Oh and some other girl I've never heard of.

Apparently the Fanning sisters (i.e. Dakota and Elle) bailed after Dakota was told she would have to shave her head. Lame! They would have been good and hey, they're actually sisters. Oh well I'm still super excited to see how they adapt her long, detailed book into a movie. Let's hope Cameron Diaz drops, too. Otherwise this serious book could somehow become a comedic film.

If you haven't read it, read it. Now. And pick up Nineteen Minutes and The Pact while you're at it. And Mercy. And Vanishing Acts. And reserve a copy of her new one coming out in March. Go!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

people keep telling me to read that but I haven't gotten around to it. maybe i should, now!

Gretchen Alice said...

Love Jodi Picoult! The casting choices are certainly interesting, but so far I'm pleased.