2.21.2008

My So-Called Life revisited

I've started watching My So-Called Life on DVD this week, as it's the next series in my Netflix queue. I had almost changed to Big Love or Freaks and Geeks or something else, but I figured, hey people have been talking about it, I kinda remember liking it, why not?

The verdict: I totally made the right choice. Watching this brings me back to the 90s--the weird thing is that I swear I remember watching this show in middle school, but according to Netflix, it came out in 1994. I was still in elementary school then. BUT maybe they replayed in on MTV or something, cause I have very vivid memories of talking about Jordan Catellano (yes! Jordan Catellano--gotta use both names) waiting in the lunch line at OMS.

Claire Danes is so likable as Angela, her parents are still pretty annoying (and their relationships is super weird), Riki is awesome, Rayanne is insane and Oh. My. God. Jordan Catellano is as hot as ever. I'm only just finishing up the first disc but that means I have four more amazing discs to bring me back to the days of plaid flannel, grunge music and Doc Martens.

No comments: