2.24.2008

Oscar Boredom

After much anticipation, to my dismay, the Oscars were...well... boring. The winners were boring, the speeches were boring, even the sentimental odes to Oscar winners of the past were boring. Worst of all, the dresses weren't even that exciting! And did the Academy forget to tell, like, half of Hollywood that the strike is over and it's okay if they went to the award show?



Plus, and it sounds horrible, but all of the acting awards went to non-Americans. I am all about foreign films and am particularly partial to British actors/actresses, but all four Europeans? Although, really, who else had I wanted to win? Cate Blanchett? She's Australian! It would have been nice to see Laura Linney or Amy Ryan win, but I get it. Europe is better than us; the Euro beats the dollar, Daniel Day-Lewis beats Johnny Depp.

Whatever. At least I had this funny parody from Saturday's SNL to entertain me while Jon Stewart just made me uncomfortable:

No comments: