2.22.2008

Quickie Review: Charlie Bartlett

I must be under some sort of high school trance thanks to student teaching, cause I have been all about watching shows and movies and reading about high school. Following that trend, tonight we went to see Charlie Bartlett.

Here's Kurt Loder's review in case you haven't heard of it.

I briefly recalled seeing a trailer a while back for this movie and thinking hey that sounds like something I'd like to see, but then I forgot about it until Chad brought it up last night. Apart from the creepy teenage couple making out in front of us (what could be more high school than that, really?), this movie was hilarious and heartwarming. At first I was almost uncomfortable from how awkward this kid was, but as the movie went on he totally grew on me and I laughed out loud more than a few times. The discussion afterwards was funny--How was there not a single teacher in the school? My God, how long exactly were their passing periods? There is no way the Principal and Superintendent would ever be in such close contact, etc.-- but it didn't do anything to take away from the fact that this was a cute and clever movie. *****

No comments: