12.08.2007

Christmas Vacation

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Eight
Christmas Vacation (1989)

"A fun, old-fashioned family Christmas..."

As I watched this movie tonight with the guys, I realized a lot of its charm has kind of worn off--maybe since I've seen it at least 20 times by now. I know when the jokes are coming and the physical comedy isn't quite so genius anymore. However, there are tons of great lines in it and it is definitely a Christmas classic, so here it is, folks. The Griswold family Christmas!

Soundtrack Highlights: "Christmas Vacation Theme," "Mele Kalikimaka," and "Hey, Santa Claus"

My favorite quotes:
  • Aunt Bethany: "Is your house on fire Clark?" Clark: "No, Aunt Bethany, those are just the Christmas lights."
  • Clark: "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?" Eddie: "No Clark, I'm doing just fine."
  • Eddie: "You surprised to see us Clark?" Clark: "Oh, Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."
  • Margot: "Why is the carpet all wet, Todd?" Todd: "I don't know, Margot."
  • Clark: "That's a lot of sap!"
  • Ellen: "I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery."
  • Clark: "Hey, Kids, I heard on the news that an airline pilot spotted Santa's sleigh on it's way in from New York City." Eddie: "You serious, Clark?"
Rating: 4 snowflakes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not going in our yard, Russ. It's going in our living room.