12.18.2007

Miracle on 34th Street

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Eighteen
Miracle on 34th Street (1994)

"Do you believe in Santa Claus?"

Richard Attenborough is just the perfect Santa in this updated version of the old classic. I like this version better than the old one. Dylan McDermott? Yes please! Plus color, Richard from Sex and the City, a dollar bill as the answer and a super cute "I wished for a house and a brother and I got it!" ending.

Soundtrack highlights: "Song for a Winter's Night" and "Joy to the World"

My favorite quotes:
  • Judge Harper: "I'm sorry, he thinks you're Santa Claus." Kris Kringle: "I am!"
  • Kris Kringle: "Well, I would greatly like to oblige, Mr. Collins, but I cannot make this reindeer fly." Mr. Collins: "I didn't think so." Kris Kringle: "He only flies on Christmas!"
Rating: 4 snowflakes

No comments: