12.21.2007

The Polar Express

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Twenty-One
The Polar Express (2004)

"All aboard!"

A feature-length adaptation of Chris Van Allsburg's classic kids' book--we used to read this book on Christmas and I would dream about getting one of those sleighbells. There's maybe a little bit too much Tom Hanks in this, but overall a cute show.

Soundtrack Highlights: "Hot Chocolate," "Rockin' on top of the World," and "Believe" (oh, Josh Groban you are too amazing)

My favorite quotes:
  • Conductor: "Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see."
  • Conductor: "Here we only got one rule / Never, ever let it cool / Keep it cooking in the pot / Soon we got hot chocolate!"
  • Conductor: "What in the name of Mike?" (omg I laugh out loud every time with that!)
  • The Boy: "At one time most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believe."
Rating: 3 1/2 snowflakes

No comments: