12.01.2007

Love Actually

25 Days of Christmas: Day One
Love Actually (2003)

"If you really love Christmas, come on and let it snooooooooow..."

One of my favorite movies period, but definitely at the top of the Christmas movie list, too. 8 intertwined tales of a variety of romances--All-star British cast, including the great Emma Thompson, Hugh Grant, Alan Rickman and my favorite Colin Firth. If you haven't seen it, run to Blockbuster. Watch. It Now. It just makes me happy!

Soundtrack Highlights: "Christmas is All Around," "All I Want for Christmas Is You"

My Favorite Quotes:
  • Kids: "I hate Uncle Jamie!"
  • Billy Mack: "Hiya kids. Here is an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star, and they give you them for free."
  • Karen: "Now which doll shall we give Daisy's little friend Emily? The one that looks like a transvestite or the one that looks like a dominatrix?"
  • Colin: "I'm off in few weeks... to a fantastic place called Wisconsin!"
  • and soooooo many more
Rating: 5 snowflakes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Colin: I'm on Shag Highway heading West.