12.20.2007

Home Alone

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Twenty
Home Alone (1990)

Seriously how cute is Macaulay Culkin in this movie? Seriously! And seriously, who thought up a movie about leaving a kid at home to battle burglars? Who thought that people would find it heartwarming to see a six-year-old surviving on his own? Who needs parents, really?

Soundtrack Highlights: "Carol of the Bells" (awesome when he is getting ready for his fight against the burglars!), "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" (that fake scene he sets up is priceless!) and many other great Christmas carols

My favorite quotes:
  • Kate McAllister: "This is Christmas. The season of perpetual hope. And I don't care if I have to get out on your runway and hitchhike. If it costs me everything I own, if I have to sell my soul to the devil himself, I am going to get home to my son."
  • Kevin McAllister: "Is this toothbrush approved by the American Dental Association?" Store lady: "Well I don't know son." Kevin McAllister: "Could you please find out?"
  • Kevin McAllister: "This house is so full of people it makes me sick. When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone." HA HA!
  • Gangster Johnny [in the TV movie]: Hey! I tell you what I'm gonna give you, Snakes. I'm gonna give you to the count of 10 to get your ugly, yellow, no-good keister off my property before I pump your guts full of lead! One, two, ten! Keep the change you filthy animal."
  • Linnie McAllister: "Kevin, you're what the French call les incompetents."
  • Kevin McAllister: "Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen."
  • Gus Polinski (the hilarious John Candy): "Allow me to introduce myself, Gus Polinski. Polka King of the Midwest? The Kenosha Kickers? That's okay I thought you might have recognized--Anyways I had a few hits a few years back. Polka, Polka, Polka. No?"
Rating: 4 snowflakes

1 comment:

Jill said...

hey i have to disagree with you here. maybe its just the age of the movie, but i'd rate the 3rd Santa Clause movie over Home Alone. Maybe its just I can't stand to see it even advertised one more time! then again, I'm not a media expert either!