12.09.2007

The Family Stone

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Nine
The Family Stone (2005)

"Christmas is not clothing optional this year--we have a guest..."

Soundtrack Highlights: "Right Back Where We Started From" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"

This movie is such a great representation of what is the total chaos of a family getting together at Christmas. It's a little bit funny, a lot sad and pretty crazy but it totally makes me wish I had a big family. Although it also makes me never want to be the fiancee coming to meet the big family--yikes. This movie has such an amazing cast and how great that it can make me laugh and make me cry. I remember seeing this with Michelle and Val--Val didn't like it and kinda ruined it. Good thing I gave it another chance. Now it's a movie I watch every Christmas!

My favorite quotes:
  • Meredith: "Isn't there anybody who loves me?"
  • Ben Stone: "Calm down. You've been drinking Cokes all day."
  • Meredith: "I don't care if you like me or not." Amy: "Oh, of course you do."
  • Ben Stone: "Don't dilly-dally there pretty lady. We're all going to be down here talking about you."
  • Meredith: "I love the gays!"
  • Ben Stone: "You have a freak flag, you just don't fly it."
Rating: 4 Snowflakes

No comments: