12.15.2007

Legendary Box Office King

So tonight we went to see Will Smith's new film I Am Legend. Despite its trailers never featuring a single mention of it, this movie is basically another version of 28 Days Later complete with scary screaming zombie-vampire creatures. About 10 minutes into the movie, I turned to Chad and asked (in all honesty) "Is this a horror film?" I had no idea.


And it turns out, yeah it pretty much is.

The movie was overall pretty good though--at least David and I thought so, as we cowered together in the dark when the crazy infected things were chasing Will Smith and his dog. Mostly it makes me think I won't sleep tonight cause now I'm seriously scared of the Bird Flu.

What's important to note is that we tried to see this movie last night and--shock of all shocks--it was sold out! And tonight it was way busy, too. Perez Hilton reported here that I Am Legend is projected to make more than $80 million this weekend, good enough for the biggest December opening ever.

Not bad for a thought-it-was-maybe-a-drama-but-oops-WRONG-it's-a-horror film.

No comments: