12.11.2007

The Santa Clause 2

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Eleven
The Santa Clause 2 (2002)

"What's Christmas fun without some Reindeer Games?"

Tim Allen's back in the red suit for round two of the Santa Clause trilogy. This time he has to get married--the "Mrs. Clause." Naturally, he heads back to America to find a wife in about a month. I wish it was that easy and fast to find someone to marry. Charlie (yeah unfortunately he's back and not so cute this time, but still whiny) ends up helping Scott Calvin find the principal of his school (Juliette from Lost) and, with the help of a little magic, by the end, she's shaking her belly like a bowl full of jelly with the rest of 'em at the North Pole.

Soundtrack highlights: "Santa's got a brand new bag," "Man, I feel like a woman," "Santa Claus is coming to town" and "Everybody Loves Christmas"

My favorite quotes:
  • Toy Santa: "You are a sad, strange little man."
  • Charlie: "Seeing isn't believing; believing is seeing!"
  • Scott Calvin: [going on a date] "A needlepoint sweater and a mini-van. I'll be back in about 8 minutes."
  • Tracy the crazy Christmas date: "You know what, I totally put myself out there doing that, and that was not an easy thing to do, and if you're the kind of man that can't support a woman's ambition, then I don't think there's any reason to continue this date." Oh, Molly Shannon...
  • Curtis the elf: [referring to Toy Santa] "I think he's learning at an excellent rate!" Bernard the elf: "Oh really? This morning he ate a bowl of wax fruit."
Rating: 3 1/2 snowflakes

No comments: