12.22.2007

Serendipity

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Twenty-Two
Serendipity (2001)

Okay another one not so much about Christmas as it is during Christmas, but that's okay cause it has a fantastic cast--who could not love John Cusack and Jeremy Piven as best friends and co-obituary writers? Perfect! And Aidan from Sex and the City playing that stupid flute thing? Hysterical! This movie almost made me believe in fate--but it did actually make me read Love in the Time of Cholera. And it made me happy that they go to Serendipity 3, one of my favorite NYC spots.

Soundtrack Highlights: "Cool Yule," "Hark the Herald Angels Sing," and "Joy to the World"

My favorite quotes:
  • Jonathan: "Maybe I am just getting cold feet." Dean: "I'm telling you right now British women do not age well. Eight years ago she was a luscious treat, you know, she probably looked like, you know, Baby Spice, now she could look like..." Jonathan: "Old Spice."
  • Sara: "Eve, for someone who owns a new-age store you're incredibly earth-bound." Eve: "Oh yeah, well, for a shrink-in-training, you're a little bit crazy, I'll tell you that much."
  • Sara: "Eve, that's a horrific knockoff! At least my knockoff says 'Pradi,' yours says 'Prado!'" Eve: "Well, I say for a dollar I can buy a magic marker and fix it. I'll take it!"
  • Dean: : "You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: 'Did he have passion?'"
Rating: 4 snowflakes

1 comment:

suki said...

i love this film. :)