12.04.2007

The Holiday

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Four
The Holiday (2006)

"It's Christmas Eve and we are going to celebrate being young and alive..."

Okay another movie not so much about Christmas as it is about relationships, but it definitely qualifies since it does revolve around the holidays. And there are Christmas songs in it. Double qualifier. Anyway! Two women with failed relationships switch houses for the holiday and poof! They find themselves in two fantastic relationships. Okay it's not quite as easy as that, but let's just say I've been busy on the Internet looking for a cozy Christmas cottage complete with Jude Law for my holiday. No luck yet. I'm definitely more of an Iris (Kate Winslet's character) than an Amanda (played by Cameron Diaz) but a girl can dream, can't she?

Soundtrack Highlights: "Santa Baby," "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," "Let Go" and "Got to Be Real"

My favorite quotes:
  • Iris: "You're supposed to be the leading lady in your own life, for God's sake!"
  • Iris (to Jasper): "I don't know, but I think what I've got is something slightly resembling... GUMPTION!"
  • [Miles reaches over to grab something on the counter, his arm grazing Iris's chest] Miles: "Okay, sorry about that. Boob graze." **LOVE Jack Black's in this movie!
  • Iris: "I'm looking for corny in my life."
  • Graham: "I have a cow and I sew. How's that for 'hard to relate to'?"
  • Amanda: "I need some peace and quiet... or whatever it is people go away for."
  • Girl at office: "My god, I've just noticed how pathetic you are." Iris: "Really? I'm *so* aware of it. "
Rating: 5 Snowflakes

No comments: