12.02.2007

Just Friends

25 Days of Christmas Movies, Day 2
Just Friends (2005)

"It's a Palamino Christmas..."

This movie isn't so much a Christmas movie as it is a movie that happens to take place during Christmastime, but it works because of the great holiday moments (i.e. Samantha James driving off in Chris' mom's Volvo, destroying the Palamino's holiday scene--including setting Santa on fire) and because it is just plain hilarious. Anna Faris is hilarious as a caricature of a Pop Star and Ryan Reynolds is always adorable.

Soundtrack Highlights: "Forgiveness" (a Samantha James original), "And That's the Way I Like It" and "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

My favorite quotes:
  • Samantha: "Wait a minute, am I being Punk'd? Where's Ashton? Ashton? Oh my God, you totally got me!"
  • Samantha: "Chris, let's go!" Chris: "I'm Busy!" Samantha: "I'm BUSY! Stupid dick."
  • Chris's Mom (on the phone): "Chris? What are you doing at Joyce's?" Chris: "I'm in the living room, ten feet away from you."
  • Mike: "I slapped the ham to it a few minutes ago." Chris's Mom: "What ham did you slap honey? Not the one I just bought for dinner."
Rating: 5 snowflakes

No comments: