12.23.2007

Crappy TV Movies

25 Days of Christmas Movies: Day Twenty-Three
Crappy TV Movies

I had to take time out from my list of (for the most part) quality movies to include what has now become a ginormous category of shows. It seems that channels like Lifetime and ABC Family just love to torture us with heart-wrenching yet ultimately vomit-inducing programming around the holidays.

Over the past two days, I watched bits and pieces of Santa Who? (Santa loses his memory then gets a job as--guess what?--a Santa at the mall), Christmas Shoes (cheesy movies based on cheesy song... ugh), A Very Married Christmas (a guy's wife wants a divorce at Christmas) and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (the twins who play Ben on Friends think their mom is cheating on their dad with Santa Claus--please).

Perhaps the most horrific display of Christmastime this year is Christmas in Handcuffs, about a girl who kidnaps a guy when she needs a date to a Christmas party. Oh Mario Lopez and Melissa Joan-Hart! What happened to you two?

These "movies" (yes the quotation marks are necessary) almost make me want the holidays to be over. And I NEVER want the holidays to end.

No comments: